Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Watch out Europe!!! The Crazies are coming back...

Just when you think that you have been on your trip of a life time...  You receive a single email that changes everything!!
Previously Princess  had put out teaser for this itinery  in a survey asking for interest. Well it certainly caught our attention that we thought “oooh that is a bucket list entry” ... this was well before we even left for our 2011 World Cruise.  Even when we mentioned this to Captain Toddy in one of his “mingle with the passengers walkabout” he actually said that so many people on this cruise had actually mentioned this to him...
Well in December 2011 six of our other 8 tables mates from 2011 were all on the Diamond Princess together... where one got some inside information that this cruise was about to be release.... Straight away they sent us all an email alerting us to the fact....
It was probably around 11pm and we were just turning everything off and heading up to bed when I decided to do that last minute check of emails before shutting down.  Well you probably could have heard me scream from the top of the street when the email arrived ...... and it had a map!!
Composing myself I thought “now I have sell this to Garry ........ “Garry”...... “Honey”....... “Sweety, come and  take a look at this....”
He came, he looked, I conquered........  As he scrolled down the list of ports we were booking before he even reached the bottom.....  
The Girls

We were both so excited.... the planning had already started.... I  googled and googled and googled trying to find out some kind of leak that would verify that cruise was really happening.... according to our source the cruise would not be released till the following week.... I searched and searched, but to no avail.... I emailed our agent, but I had more information that she had....  so I had to sit and wait...wait and wait....
The Boys
Finally all was revealed, confirmed and paid for.... WE ARE ON!!
Not just that... but not just  four, six or eight of our table mates are returning, but  all ten are doing our cruise...  All we need now is to get Head Waiter Maurizio, and table waiters Watchara and Neil, give us table 18 and it will be like we never got off the ship..... Bring it on....
Can you believe out of 104 days I don’t have picture of all 10 of us together....

4 comments:

  1. You all will have a blast and I will enjoy following along with you. I'll be insanely jealous, but I will follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a couple of places you missed on your RTW cruise ... pity Amsterdam isn't among them. Also, a pity UK isn't included. We could have shown you Leeds Castle this time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    In my research for info/tips/experiences on the Sydney to Sydney World Cruise and Grand Europe World Cruise I found your site. My husband & I are planning on doing one or the other in a few years so if you dont mind I would like to follow you.
    Thanks for your committment to blogging your experiences.

    Marg, Sydney

    ReplyDelete