Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 12 Singapore Part 3 Orchard Rd and Chinatown

I was allowed a little time to get my shopping fix and although there were shops and sales everywhere the prices were a lot higher than we remembered them .  Our only purchases of the day consisted of a new camera battery for Garry, 2 pairs of shoes and some fridge magnets. Our only bargain of the day was the yummy lunch we had.

We also visited Chinatown another mecca of colours and aromas although I would have to say the Chinese sure know who to build and decorate a temple.  The Buddha Tooth Relic Temple was absolutely amazing, lots of rich colours, beautiful Buddha’s, flowers ,candles and incense. I swear I can still smell them even after showering and washing my hair.  In the centre of the temple a monk sat in front of a group of worshippers all chanting out of the same  book of scriptures.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment